healthPrivate Letters and Forms

We are asked to complete lots of private forms and write letters of support for many reasons other than to care for you during an illness. Most of this work is not covered by the NHS and is considered to be private work. We charge a range of fees for this work (please enquire for prices).

  • Pre-employment (tick box/longer form)
  • Fitness to attend sport, school, hobbies (with/without medical)
  • Freedom from infection certificate
  • Insurance form, inability to work due to illness
  • Continuing Disability form
  • PCV/LGV Driver Certificate (full medical)
  • Taxi Medical (full medical)
  • Elderly driving medical
  • Racing car medical
  • Holiday cancellation letter or form (patient/insurance company)
  • Fitness to travel certificate or letter
  • OFSTED declaration form
  • Extract from medical records

We are not able to offer completion of passport forms/photos, Power of Attorney assessments, letters for bus passes or personal references.

Please note: We like to use our appointments to look after medical problems rather than fill in forms. There are many forms which require a doctor’s report, such as holiday cancellations, mortgage protection and other insurances. If you leave these forms with our Secretary they will ask the most appropriate doctor to complete them for you. Please allow 14 days to do this. 

Forms for Benefits and Social Security

If you apply for a benefit (such as Disability Living Allowance/PIP, Attendance Allowance etc.) please do not ask us to fill in your initial application form. There is a misleading part on many of these forms where it asks for ‘someone who knows you best’ to describe how your disability affects you. This is for a friend or relative to complete. We are sent our own medical form to complete when your application has been submitted. 

If you are having problems filling in the application form (they can be confusing) please contact Welfare Rights for help. They are specially trained to make sense of these forms.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website